Maria Island Grand Picnic
The only Small-Group Maria Island Walking & Food Day Tour. Departs Hobart - Scenic Ferry Trip - 2 Great Walks - Local Guides - Morning Tea, Lunch, Wine & Cheese - Wildlife Encounters - World Heritage Convict Site - Fossil & Painted Cliffs.
- Pickup from accommodation or Hobart travel and information centre: from 8:00AM
- Drive to fishing town of Triabunna (70mins), scenic boat trip to Maria Island (30mins)
- Morning Tea before ferry departure – we view map and give welcome to the Island. Freshly brewed tea and coffee, fresh baked goods and Tassie fruit selection.
- Spend the morning walking to the Fossil Cliffs (1.5 hours loop), enjoying the views of Bishop and Clerk and watching the local wildlife in their natural environment.
- Lunch will be served inside a historic convict building. All produce is sourced locally and represents Tasmania’s fresh, food industry* – please advise dietary requirements on booking.
- The afternoon will be spent walking to the vibrant Painted Cliffs (1.5 hour return) and learning about the rich natural and cultural history of the island.
- After the walk, the remainder of our time on Maria Island will be spent tasting local wines or beer, relaxing by the beach and keeping an eye out for more wombats!
- Guided by two qualified eco-guides, you will experience ‘Maria’ like a local.
- Return to Hobart by 6:30-7PM
*Lunch menu subject to change as produce becomes available. Dietary requirements will be catered for.
Please note: due to the nature of this tour, we require a minimum of 4 people for the tour to operate.
- 1 Day Tour
- Activity Duration
- 10 hours