Australian Wildlife Tour, Quoll Patrol – includes 4 course dinner and beverage
Quoll Patrol – One of Australia’s exceptional wildlife experiences
Internationally reviewed as one of Australia’s most exceptional nature experiences and remarkable Tasmanian wildlife viewing tours – discover the wilderness, wildlife and tastes of Tasmania on this afternoon/evening tour. Enjoy the ambience of superb campfire dinner followed by sensational wildlife viewing which focuses on the antics of the eastern quoll in its natural habitat. Dine with the forester kangaroos, see brush-tail possums, eastern quolls and Tasmanian pademelons while wombats and Bennett’s wallaby graze close by.
You will be met and collected by your guide from your accommodation at 12:00pm (time is confirmed upon re-confirmation)
Visit Ben Lomond National Park, a spectacular mountain of dolerite columns and scree slopes and home to eight of the twenty highest peaks in Tasmania. Awesome views and a magnificent array of alpine vegetation are on offer. Ben Lomond plays an invaluable role in regional wildlife conservation and is the highest drivable point in Tasmania. Travel via the Roses Tier forests to gather some bush herbs en route to your evening destination.
Campfire Dinner with the Kangaroos
With the forester kangaroos as your dinner companions enjoy the ambience of campfire dining with a 4 course dinner consisting of Tasmanian cheese platter of cheeses, smoked salmon and chicken and fruits followed by wallaby mountain burgers and native spiced salmon all complimented by Tasmanian beverages. Settle back and relax with a Tasmanian beer or wine and watch the sun set and be amazed by one of the best after dark spectacles on offer
Tasmanian wildlife viewing at its best – you will be delighted and enchanted while sitting by the campfire as the wildlife appear at dusk. Forester kangaroos, eastern quolls, Tasmanian pademelon wallabies and brush-tail possums feed near the campfire while Bennett’s wallabies & wombats graze close by. At times, platypus, tawny frogmouths, bandicoots and owls can also be viewed. Outstanding wildlife photography opportunities on offer.
Your tour concludes upon arrival back to your accommodation between 9:00pm – 10:00pm.
- Full afternoon/evening private guided tour
- Privately appointed transport in 4WD vehicle
- Unique viewing of six species of wildlife without leaving the campfire
- Return accommodation transfers
- Four-course campfire dinner with alcoholic beverage (beer, wine or soft drink)
Eligible Pick up and Drop off locations:
- City accommodation (Launceston or Scottsdale)
This is a full-day tour taking part in the afternoon/evening.
PLEASE NOTE – Departure times and tour conclusion times are dependant on season and will vary. The time of departure is stated specifically on your calendar date and confirmation.
- AUD$ 1200.00 per person, based on 2 guests – (minimum 2 guests, maximum 4 guests)
- AUD$ 800.00 per person, based on 3 guests
- AUD$ 600.00 per person, based on 4 guests
This itinerary can be taken all year round, however seasonal considerations may apply and availability will need to be confirmed at time of enquiry
This tour does not operate on Christmas Day or New Years Day – other dates subject to availability
Prices valid from 1 August 2017 – 31 March 2018
Cancellations and Refunds:
- If a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 25% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made more than 14 days but less than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 50% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to Tour departure, or for a non-appearance to commence the Tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Tour price.
- No refunds are payable for ‘change of mind’.
- No refunds are payable to the Client for any changes to the Tour requested by the Client after departure, the
Client’s failure to appear for the Tour or any component part of the Tour, the Client leaving the Tour after its commencement, the Client being excluded from the Tour or any component part of the Tour in accordance with this Agreement.
- Full Day Tour
- Activity Duration
- 10 hours
- Activity Location
- Scottsdale, TAS