Cape Raoul Hiking Tour – Tasman National Park
Stand 250m above the ocean high up on Cape Raoul. The 14km return trail takes in some of Australia’s best coastal scenery. View one of the worlds best surf spots: Shipstern Bluff and view beyond to Bruny Island, Tasman Island and Mt. Wellington. Enjoy a picnic out on the trail and morning tea by the water before the walk. One of Tasmania’s 60 great short walks.
- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre – 8:30 AM (Corner of Davey and Elizabeth St)
- Scenic drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, via the seaside towns of Dunalley & Eagle Hawk Neck, learning the harsh convict history from this natural prison.
- Enjoy morning tea with hot coffee or tea, fruit and trail snacks, while overlooking the map for the days walk.
- The hike to Cape Raoul is a 14KM return trail. The trail work is some of the best in the Tassie. The first viewpoint overlooks the cape and the famous Shipstern Bluff big-wave surf spot.
- Cape Raoul is the missing cape of the newly opened Three Capes Track, jutting out into the Tasman Sea, the track concludes on the cliff’s edge, high above the ocean.
- Enjoy panoramic views to Cape Pillar, Tasman Island and Bruny Island, even kunanyi/Mt. Wellington.
- Enjoy a mixture of wet forest and coastal forest ecosystems.
- Enjoy a nice picnic lunch along the track before returning via the same trail.
- Arrive back to Hobart approx. 5:30pm – We can drop you off to your accommodation in the city region.
Walking time: 5 hours
Walking distance: 14KM
Track Rating: 3, involves rock-stairs, undulating terrain, exposed cliff lines, board walked with easy signed tracks.
Terrain: Gravel path, stone steps, exposed cliff edges, forested
Food: morning tea, trail snacks, picnic lunch. Drinks: Coffee, tea, water refills.
- Activity Duration
- 9 hours
- Activity Location
- Hobart, Tasmania