Whiskey Tour Hobart – includes tasting and lunchHobart - Full day private guided tour
Discover Hobart and Australia's Leading Whiskey Distilleries
Hobart is Tasmania’s capital city and the second oldest capital in Australia, after Sydney. Nestled amongst the foothills of Mt Wellington (1,270m) and at the entrance of the Derwent River, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty.
Your experienced and local guide will greet you at 8.30am at your CBD accommodation. Step back in history and join your guide for an introduction to one of Hobart’s oldest suburbs. From Salamanca Place, climb Kelly’s Steps and wander along Battery Point’s quaint streets, past Georgian cottages and grand colonial mansions, soaking up the village atmosphere.
Tasmania is ideally situated to make malt whisky, and yet 150 years after the last licenced Tasmanian distillery closed its doors, it took a true whisky lover to realise the environment was perfect for distilling and maturing whisky.
Visit one of Australia’s leading distilleries and hear about the craft of whisky distillation at the historic cellar door. After you have been fortified with a taste of their single malt, take a short stroll to Hobart’s Waterfront and enjoy a relaxing lunch at a waterfront restaurant. After lunch, continue to the winner of the 2014 World Whisky Award for best single malt. Sullivan’s Cove’s French Oak Cask was judged the global winner, as well as Australia’s best, from a high-quality pool of single malt entries. Learn about the process of whisky making on this informative tour.
Continue on, and visit a quaint family run distillery, before your return to Hobart, via the charming village of Richmond, which was established as an important military staging post and convict station linking Hobart with Port Arthur. The village is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture, with beautiful heritage buildings dating back as early as the 1820’s. It now houses galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums.
Your tour concludes upon return to your Hobart CBA accommodation around 5:00pm.
- Full day private guided tour
- Privately appointed transport in luxury vehicle
- Whiskey Tour and tasting at Nonesuch Distillery
- Morning tea
- Single-course lunch with 1 beverage (soft drink or juice)
Eligible Pick up and Drop off locations:
- City accommodation (CBD Hobart)
This is a full-day, starting from your accommodation at 8:30am and concluding at approximately 5:00pm
- AUD$ 808.00 per person – based on two guests (minimum 2 guests)
- AUD$ 648.00 per person – based on three guests
- AUD$ 568.00 per person – based on four guests
- AUD$ 524.00 per person – based on five guests
- AUD$ 492.00 per person – based on six guests
- AUD$ 476.00 per person – based on seven guests
- AUD$ 452.00 per person – based on eight guests
- AUD$ 440.00 per person – based on nine guests
- AUD$ 428.00 per person – based on ten guests
- AUD$ 420.00 per person – based on eleven guests
- AUD$ 412.00 per person – based on twelve guests
This itinerary can be taken all year round, however seasonal considerations may apply and availability will need to be confirmed at time of enquiry
This tour does not operate on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day – other dates subject to availability
Prices valid from 1 August 2017 – 31 March 2019
Cancellations and Refunds:
- If a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 25% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made more than 14 days but less than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 50% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to Tour departure, or for a non-appearance to commence the Tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Tour price.
- No refunds are payable for ‘change of mind’.
- No refunds are payable to the Client for any changes to the Tour requested by the Client after departure, the
Client’s failure to appear for the Tour or any component part of the Tour, the Client leaving the Tour after its commencement, the Client being excluded from the Tour or any component part of the Tour in accordance with this Agreement.
- 9 Hours
- Activity Duration
- 9 hours