Wildlife and Wilderness Tour of Tasmania – privately guided and includes lunch
A specially curated day exploring Mt Field National Park and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Mt Field National Park is the oldest National Park in Tasmania; here you will find beautiful walks, stunning views, abundant wildlife and spectacular waterfalls. Few other national parks in Australia offer such diversity in vegetation. Mt Field has been popular with nature lovers for over 100 years.
Your professional and local guide will greet you at 8.30am at your CBD accommodation. Start your day with an introduction to Tasmania’s capital city, with its vibrant waterfront, Salamanca Place and historic Battery Point before starting your journey to Mount Field. Explore the green forest canopy of the National Park with a rainforest walk to Russell Falls. This magnificent waterfall is the highlight of the National Park and it featured on Australia’s first postal stamp. Appreciate the incredible diversity of vegetation on your walk, and crane your neck to see some of the tallest trees in the world. There are wide varieties of wildlife in the national park, including many of Tasmania’s native icons and endangered species, such as the Eastern Barred Bandicoot and the Eastern Quoll. Eleven of Tasmania’s twelve prevalent bird species can be spotted here too.
After your walk in the forest, stop for lunch at a unique riverside café. Enjoy a main meal and soft drink; indulge in some fresh Tasmanian produce whilst attempting to spot the resident platypus. You may like to browse the local art, craft and photography on display in the café, or admire the scenery from the deck and garden.
Continue to a wildlife rehabilitation centre to experience Tasmanian Devils, Wombats, Quolls and other Australian animals first hand. This dedicated team of wildlife carers provides an invaluable service to the research and protection of native wildlife in Tasmania. You will get up close and personal with animals that went extinct long ago in other parts of Australia, on your own private behind the scenes tour.
After your private behind the scenes wildlife tour, continue to Hobart. Your guide will bid you farewell at your CBD accommodation at approximately 5:00pm.
- Full day private guided tour
- Privately appointed transport in luxury vehicle
- Private Premium ‘Feeding Frenzy’ at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Single course lunch with beverage (soft drink or juice)
- National Park pass
Eligible Pick up and Drop off locations:
- City accommodation (CBD Hobart)
This is a full-day, starting from your accommodation at 8:30am and concluding at approximately 5:00pm
- AUD$ 1,200.00 per person – based on two guests (minimum 2 guests)
- AUD$ 1,052.00 per person – based on three guests
- AUD$ 972.00 per person – based on four guests
- AUD$ 925.00 per person – based on five guests
- AUD$ 892.00 per person – based on six guests
- AUD$ 872.00 per person – based on seven guests
- AUD$ 856.00 per person – based on eight guests
- AUD$ 844.00 per person – based on nine guests
- AUD$ 832.00 per person – based on ten guests
- AUD$ 824.00 per person – based on eleven guests
- AUD$ 816.00 per person – based on twelve guests
This itinerary can be taken all year round, however seasonal considerations may apply and availability will need to be confirmed at time of enquiry
This tour does not operate on Christmas Day or New Years Day – other dates subject to availability
Prices valid from 1 August 2017 – 31 March 2019
Cancellations and Refunds:
- If a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 25% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made more than 14 days but less than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 50% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to Tour departure, or for a non-appearance to commence the Tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Tour price.
- No refunds are payable for ‘change of mind’.
- No refunds are payable to the Client for any changes to the Tour requested by the Client after departure, the
Client’s failure to appear for the Tour or any component part of the Tour, the Client leaving the Tour after its commencement, the Client being excluded from the Tour or any component part of the Tour in accordance with this Agreement.
- Activity Duration
- 9 hours