MONA Gallery Tour Hobart – includes scenic helicopter flight
Hobart’s Art & Fine Wine including scenic helicopter flight
Hobart is Tasmania’s capital city and the second oldest capital in Australia, after Sydney. Nestled amongst the foothills of Mt Wellington (1,270m) and at the entrance of the Derwent River, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty.
At 8:30am you will be met and collected by your private guide from your Hobart CBD accommodation. Step back in time and join your guide for an introduction to one of Hobart’s oldest suburbs. From Salamanca Place, climb Kelly’s Steps and wander along Battery Point’s quaint streets, past Georgian cottages and grand colonial mansions, soaking up the village atmosphere.
The Museum of Old and New Art, MONA, is an art museum located within the Moorilla winery on the Berriedale peninsula in Hobart. It is the largest privately funded museum in Australia, and one of the world’s most unique and controversial museums. You will have time to view the largest private art collection in Australia with its fascinating blend of ancient and modern art. Enjoy a private vineyard and winery tour and tasting experience and take home a souvenir bottle of wine or bubbles.
From here, step aboard your exclusive helicopter for a scenic flight, and enjoy stunning views over the Derwent Estuary and the Coal River Valley. The Coal River region surrounding Richmond is an award-winning wine producing area, with similar latitude to the famous wine regions of France and Germany.
Enjoy a relaxing lunch at an award winning winery and sample some of the local wines at the cellar door, before you discover the historic and charming village of Richmond. Nestled in the heart of the Coal River Valley, Richmond was established as an important military staging post and convict station linking Hobart with Port Arthur. The village is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture, with beautiful heritage buildings dating back as early as the 1820’s. It now houses galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums.
In the late afternoon, enjoy a scenic drive and return to your Hobart accommodation at around 5:00pm.
- Full day private guided tour
- Privately appointed transport in luxury vehicle
- Private Moorilla Ambassador’s Experience
- Three-course lunch with a glass of wine
- Private wine tasting
- Private 20 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Entry to MONA
Eligible Pick up and Drop off locations:
- City accommodation (CBD Hobart)
This is a full-day, starting from your accommodation at 8:30am and concluding at approximately 5:00pm
- AUD$ 1,600.00 per person – based on two guests (minimum 2 guests)
- AUD$ 1,500.00 per person – based on three guests
- AUD$ 1,360.00 per person – based on four guests
- AUD$ 1,320.00 per person – based on five guests
- AUD$ 1,280.00 per person – based on six guests
- AUD$ 1,260.00 per person – based on seven guests
- AUD$ 1,220.00 per person – based on eight guests
This itinerary can be taken all year round, however seasonal considerations may apply and availability will need to be confirmed at time of enquiry
This tour does not operate on Tuesday’s, Christmas Day or New Years Day – other dates subject to availability
Prices valid from 1 August 2017 – 31 March 2019
Cancellations and Refunds:
- If a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 25% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made more than 14 days but less than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 50% of the Tour price.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to Tour departure, or for a non-appearance to commence the Tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Tour price.
- No refunds are payable for ‘change of mind’.
- No refunds are payable to the Client for any changes to the Tour requested by the Client after departure, the
Client’s failure to appear for the Tour or any component part of the Tour, the Client leaving the Tour after its commencement, the Client being excluded from the Tour or any component part of the Tour in accordance with this Agreement.
- Activity Duration
- 9 hours